Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fall Garden Update #4

fresh radishes I’ve finally been able to harvest a few things from my sad looking fall garden. A few radishes finally bulbed out. And the bibb lettuce hung on long enough to give me some good leaves. The spinach and bright lights swiss chard awarded me a few small but tasty leaves as well.

Little Finger Carrots I picked all the greens and thoroughly washed them, because they were quite dirty with our latest rain splashing dirt on them. Once they were all clean, I shook the water off and put them in a damp paper towel and then in a ziploc. This should help them stay fresh in the fridge a little longer.

fallgarden4JPEG-1According to the forecast I’ll need to cover the kohlrabi and the carrots before they get nipped by frost. I’m hopeful the carrots have enough time to mature. They seem to be looking stronger at their root base. But I’m not so sure about the kohlrabi. They seem awful small.

kolhrabiNeedless to say, I’ll be keeping a closer eye on the forecast in the days ahead.

mixed greens

0 comments:

Post a Comment